Phil Brutsche wrote:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > I think the same effect could be achieved simply by changing
> > 'qualify_domain' in exim.conf to 'creighton.edu', in this case.  If I'm
> > understanding the problem correctly.
>
> Not quite - the message appeard to come from "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" rather
> than "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  Note the difference in the user name...
>
> That caused other problems, as well: messages for user "root" (ie mail
> generated from errors in cron) went to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", which is
> definitely not me.
>
> Telling exim that "creighton.edu" is not local to the workstation and
> using the rewriting rules that I described made all my problems go away.

D'oh!  I missed your desired change in user name.  Of course, no global
file like exim.conf would do that.

Looks like maybe David needed that too, since his bounce message was
showing "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and what he really wanted was "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
though he
could post from dmaze on his machine (might be better anyway) and use my
solution.  Whatever...