I'm running 2.4.20/woody/nv(4191) and mine works fine, the only
difference I can see is that I didn't bother with any of the aliases.
I just have this in /etc/modules

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.
nvidia

-Luck