On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, mike polniak wrote:

> You can run> modprobe -l |grep sr_mod

When I run it (as root of course) I see nothing happening.

> Check that your kernel config has CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m.  This gives you sr_mod.
> And CONFIG_SCSI=m gives you scsi-mod (scsi support).

*How* shall I do this?
Should I do kernel compiling?

*Where* can I read kernel config?

> Be sure to run> update-modules

That I have done.

> This regenerates /etc/modules.conf with your changes to /etc/modutils/aliases
> Now you run> cdrecord -scanbus
> You can check the loaded modules with> lsmod

I've done many times installing and and installing ide-scsi and
sci-support.
Now it happens that if try to do this installing (by 'modconf') these
modules (ide-scsi and scsi-support) modconf anwers:

'failed'. (So something has changed in the system.)

Where can I check *how* I can get these modules installed*?

If I'll do this, it answers now (earlier I managed to get thoise modules
installed):

fr420:~# lsmod

Module                  Size  Used by
lp                      5188   0  (autoclean)
lockd                  31112   1  (autoclean)
sunrpc                 52420   1  (autoclean) [lockd]
af_packet               6040   1  (autoclean)
pcmcia_core            44416   0
serial                 19564   0  (autoclean)
parport_probe           3332   0
parport_pc              7236   1
parport                 7280   1  [lp parport_probe parport_pc]
3c59x                  18656   1
unix                   10212  17  (autoclean)

So these modules needed failed to install now.

What to do next?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]