On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, virtanen wrote:

> I've done many times installing and and installing ide-scsi and
> sci-support.

This should have been of course: 'installing and uninstalling'

> Now it happens that if try to do this installing (by 'modconf') these
> modules (ide-scsi and scsi-support) modconf anwers:
>
> 'failed'. (So something has changed in the system.)

The whole answer is this:

________________________

Installing module ide-scsi. If the device isn't there, or isn't configured
correctly, this could cause your system to pause for up to a minute.

modprobe: Can't locate module ide-cd
modprobe: pre-install ide-scsi failed
modprobe: insmod ide-scsi failed

Installation failed.

Please press ENTER when you are ready to continue.

So, where can I find that 'module ide-cd' (to get that one installed)?

Because that might be the problem, which has to be solved first.
(Earlier in my system it was no problem so install ide-scsi, do I have
changed something quite basic during trying to get that cdburner working.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]