On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 10:19:46PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Nathan E Norman writes:
> > There are some oddities in /etc/init.d on debian systems; some
> > maintainbers have, er, "interesting" ideas about scripting.  However, the
> > cool thing about debian is even if the script is FUBAR I can rewrite it
> > and the packaging system won't blow away my changes!
>
> And file a bug with a patch, I hope.

I usually get beat to the real bugs.  The rest are just "oddities";
for instance I hated the old DHCP startup scripts and rolled my own.
I can't think of other examples off the top of my head but I know I've
hacked a lot of init scripts.

Your advice to file bugs is good, and I'm often guilty of ignoring it.
mea culpa.

--
Nathan Norman - Incanus Networking mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't create