On Tuesday 27 November 2001 03:31 pm, martin f krafft wrote:
> * Dragos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2001.11.27 14:05:19+0200]:
> > I have postfix installed here (procmail too).
> > what steps should I take?
>
> in postfix: home_mailbox = Mail/ will deliver to a Maildir ~/Mail/ per
> user.
>
> in procmail: just append a slash '/' to the mbox for each recipe
>
> RTFM
well, I'm at a loss here...
let me explain you what I'm tring to do:
replacing my current mail server.
the current one is an older rh with qmail;
the new (hopefully) one is a debian woody with postfix;
problem: I want to use maildir style delivery, as it uses now with qmail.
my understanding about maildir is: each user has in his/her home a directory
called Maildir (or whatever) with 3 subdirectories new,cur,tmp; each message
that arrives ends as separate file in the new/ subdirectory; at least that's
what I get with qmail; basically the reason for wanting to use maildir is
that each mail ends up as a separate file.
I seem to get more and more confused over this; I need procmail for amavis to
work. (at least that part I managed to get right)
If I'm making mistakes here, don't hesitate to point it out

thanks, dragos