On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 18:34, B. L. Jilek wrote:
> I have a SuperMicro P6DBU motherboard with built in SCSI.  All
> the drives are SCSI on the system.  I just recently bought a 80G
> IDE drive to use for storage.
>
> The problem is that after I installed the drive the system booted
> up fine.  I have the bootup in the bios to start with Floppy
> then SCSI drives.  It worked fine.
>
> I was adding an append for the /dev/hda in lilo and ran lilo.
> When I did it gave me an warning that the drive /dev/sda was
> not the first drive in the system.  After rebooting the bios
> said it was booting from SCSI as normal but I got the constant
> 01 01 01 01 thing.
>
> I've tried various things like returning lilo to it's original
> configuration and the bios was not modified from when It used
> to boot fine.  I'm thinking it's a lilo confusion problem.
>
> The way I got around this was to install lilo on /dev/hda with
> "other=/dev/sda" in it (the only thing in lilo.conf.hda).  And
> keeping lilo on /dev/sda to boot the system.  It works fine
> like that.  As long as I set the bios to boot from IDE primary master
> instead of from SCSI.  The problem with that setup is I can't
> boot from CDrom unless I change the bios back to booting from SCSI.
>
> I'm just wanting to know if there are any lilo tricks to get it to
> see /dev/sda as the first drive.  Or if anyone has experience with
> the SuperMicro P6DBU Board that knows of this problem.

Try grub, you wont have this type of problem.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."