On Thursday 27 October 2005 19:59, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> Justin Guerin wrote:
> >On Wednesday 26 October 2005 17:08, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
[snip]

> >If you click in the upper right hand corner of your screen, the NX
> > session will minimize.
>
> In fullscreen mode even I click in the upper right hand cornet of the
> screen, the session does not minimize. What nxclient version are you
> running?

That's weird.  I'm running 1.2.0-91 from kanotix.com.  I'll have to upgrade
and see if 1.5.0-113 gives me the same problem.

> >Right click on your NX session in your taskbar, and select
> >close.
>
> Really? In full screen mode, I cannot even see the taskbar.

I can't either, until I click in the upper right hand pixel.  That makes the
fullscreen minimize to a taskbar entry.

> >  The NX session will restore itself, and ask you if you want to
> >suspend, terminate or cancel.
> >
> >Pretty intuitive, huh? ;-)
>
> I do not know if you are being sarcastic here. But when I run nxclient
> in fullscreen mode, There is no window bar or status bar.
>
> bye
> raju

I'm very sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic towards you.  I was
being sarcastic towards needing to click in the upper right hand corner to
minimize the fullscreen "window".  I happened upon it by accident, and
never would have thought to do such a thing on my own.

Of course, now that you ask, I clicked around after loading the online help,
and found this page: http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03C00172
It states that you should be able to click on the magic pixel at the top
right corner, but also that Alt-F2 should minimize the fullscreen
application as well.  I tried that, and it works for me on 1.4.0-91, but it
states that starting from 1.5.0, you should use Ctrl+Alt+M to minimize or
maximize a fullscreen window.

I guess you should check out that link for the full list of options, seeing
as how no man page or other documentation is included in the packages. :-(

I'm sorry you thought my sarcasm was directed at you.

Justin Guerin