A few topics similar to this have been recently discussed, and I was waiting for this particular question to be hit, but it never did (at least that I saw).

My sound works great. My only problem is that the settings I apply to the Gnome volume control applet don't persist across reboots (although they do across restarts of X).

I'm guessing there is some alsa-<something> that just needs to be reconfigured. Anyone have a pointer for me?

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought -- Henry Bergson