i recently purchessed a debian disk "sarge" i think its called, it also came
with a live disk, that i thought i would have a look at first to see how it works and how
well i get on with it, however, after restarting my pc and booting from the dvd rom and
it does its little thing, the screen goes black, and it has a little white box telling me
to change the screen settings/resolution to 1280X1024 60hz, which i can do in windows,
and which is also the manufactuers recommandation, the problum is i dont know how to
adjust the monitor or weather i really need to do this as there maybe another way around
the problum, i have been really looking forward to getting a linux system but know little
or nothing about how it works, hence my trying the live disk first...  any help would be
greatly recieved.
thanks for your time...
looking forward to becoming a fully fledged and dedicated debian user.
moggy.