On 2/6/07, myusernet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am running xfce4 but I want to boot the system to console instead of gui.
What am I supposed to do?
Hi,

just, go to the

/etc/inittab and change this line
id:2:initdefault:
for this
id:3:initdefault:
then
rename your file SXXgdm or SXXkdm or SXXxdm (only one will be
available) in your case will be SXXxdm
where XX is a number just change the S for a K
example
if your file is
S13xdm rename it for K13xdm

this file should be found in the /etc/rc3.d/

and then restart your PC, if you later want your xfce back just edit the
/etc/inittab again
and change your line
id:3:initdefault:
id:2:initdefault:

with this line you are saying Debian you want to start at runlevel 2
instead of 3 and execute the scripts in /etc/rc2.d/ instead of
/etc/rc3.d/

should be enough.

regards,
--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."