On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:36:51PM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >Michael Pobega wrote:
> >

> >>$4 per gallon though? That's amazing. I can't believe anyone can be
> >>allowed to change that much for gas, it's highway robbery
> >>

> >That's the price of a gallon of gas.  In the US, this price is largely
> >subsidized by military force so it's artificially low.
> >

> Hardly.  Why don't you take all the taxes out of your gas prices, then
> you'll see the real cost of a gallon of gas where you live....

here's some fire.

don't forget to include, in the real cost of a gallon of gas, the
following items: the cost of construction of roadways so that you can
use that gallon of gas; the cost to others for cleaning up residues
left from burning gas (powerwashing buildings etc.); the cost to
others of repairing things damaged by the residues of burning gas
(melting marble statues etc); the medical costs incurred by those
sickened from inhaling the results of burning gas; the cost of
maintenance, washing and plowing the existing roadways; the cost of
government subsidies and tax breaks for gasoline production; etc etc
etc.

I wonder what burning a gallon of gas really costs? (I don't know, I
found a couple websites that suggest the true costs is somethinglike
$5-6/galloon, but they were out of date and from likely biased
sources).