strawks wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Logitech V220 mouse. This mouse is working with the "mouse"
driver but the tilt buttons do not send any events.

Googling around pointed out that I should use the "evdev" driver. This
driver works fine if I use the "Device" option (tilt buttons sends
events for buttons 6 and 7), but since the device may change, its usage
is discouraged.

The option "Name" should be used instead, but it's not working.

Here is my InputDevice section :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Logitech V220"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "Name"                        "Logitech USB Receiver"
        #Option         "Phys"                        "usb-*/input0"
        #Option         "Device"              "/dev/input/event3"
        Option          "evBits"              "+1-2"
        Option          "keyBits"             "~272-287"
        Option          "relBits"             "~0-2 ~6 ~8"
        Option          "Pass"                        "3"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"      "true"
EndSection

The only related thing in the X log is :

(EE) Logitech V220: cannot open input pEvdev
(II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
(EE) PreInit returned NULL for "Logitech V220"

Does anyone has experienced the same problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have two inputdevice sections because I have 2 mice. Where did you get the advice not to use evdev? Here is one of them:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse1"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/event6"
        Option          "Name" "A4Tech USB Optical Mouse"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "6 7 4 5"
        Option          "Buttons"               "12"
EndSection

Hugo