Hi fokls,

I just recently rolled back to Debian and I'm currently on sid. After installing
wine I was quite confused to find out it doesn't work - at least with my current
version of the xorg-server.

I've tried both the official debian build of wine as well as a custom git-build
I compiled myself. That'd be version .53 for both. xorg version is, as reported
by X -version:

X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90
Release Date: 5 September 2007
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.1~git20080118-1)
Current Operating System: Linux brmbr 2.6.23.gmork #2 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 10
17:19:31 CET 2008 i686
Build Date: 18 January 2008  09:38:43PM

Everytime I try to start wine, X explodes on me, throwing me back to a VT. Log
messages are as follows:

Backtrace:
0: /usr/X11R6/bin/X(xf86SigHandler+0x7e) [0x80c674e]
1: [0xb7f65420]

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

that's from /var/log/slim.log.

The problem is: googling for wine, segfault, debian and xserver is not really
productive, as there seems to be quite a variety of problems involving all of
the above and some pages are as old as 2002. So I'm merely asking if anyone has
the same problems on a similar setup - are there known issues with wine under
debian?

Probably I should mention I'm using the binary nvidia drivers. Did not try it
with other drivers yet, but I don't think that should have any impact on it - it
fails with _anything_ just running wine is enough to bring that down.

Reproducible: always ;-)

Should I file a bug-report? Against which package?

Thanks,
Aleks