On Saturday 19 January 2008 07:41:04 am Александър Л. Димитров wrote:
> Probably I should mention I'm using the binary nvidia drivers. Did not try
> it with other drivers yet, but I don't think that should have any impact on
> it - it fails with _anything_ just running wine is enough to bring that
> down.

I had this same problem last month. Sometimes, when xorg is upgraded, the
binary nvidia drivers need to be reinstalled to get opengl rendering to work
(wine runs direct draw or something that using opengl). If this is the case,
running glxgears will also crash your xserver. The solution is to reinstall
the binary nvidia drivers.

MM