明覺 wrote:
I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to
reach it? I removed the 2 packages, python and perl, from my system,
and of cause, I losed my desktop, is it possible to install a desktop
manager without perl and python? which is the proper desktop manager?
thanks

I am by no means a programmer - junior or otherwise - although have dabbled with C, C++, Lisp, Scheme, and Python, and have been successful in getting a few simplistic bash scripts to work as predicted. I say all of this just to acknowledge that my ignorance about programming is profound. What microscopic information I can lay claim to is actually in agreement with what you have already stated in one of your replies to the numerous posts in response to your topic. I also admire that you stick so steadfastly to your guns in the face of so much opprobrium. That takes a certain level of courage of your convictions, and that is a trait I respect. There is a counterpoint (corollary) to that, of course, and that is that painting oneself into a corner is not a wise way to proceed. I cannot profess to understand your rationale for eschewing all that is not C/ C# based. But, there are many things I cannot claim to understand. Your reasons are your own. It does lead to some interesting choices though:

(1) to what extent does your choice restrict either/ both the opportunities available to you and the quality of experience with respect to computing? Some of those links from MikeOS actually look quite interesting, but for me only as a hobby. For serious research work, report development, data analysis, and so on, I myself am completely dependent on higher level programmes that are built upon lower level routines. I suppose in the spirit of OOP, I don't need to know how it does that (information hiding) - I just want to know that it will do what it says on the tin whenever I call upon it to work. This is just another way of saying that going the purist approach is likely to severely limit your overall capability to do work. As others have suggested - unless you are going to recode all the apps you feel that your digital experience will benefit from including into C, etc., you are likely to be experiencing a lot of barriers when pursuing a mono-language approach and in trying to get a workable system.

(2) if your intent is to try to code an entire OS from C, et al., it is likely to be quite fast but will require an untold number of programming hours to develop. Perhaps if you searched out C programmers with a proposal, you could use a basic UNIX (FreeBSD?) system and code together an OS in C and C only. As others have already noted here, it will take many programming hours I'd imagine and really - what will be the point, besides a proof of concept? This is not a bad thing. The point of wisdom however might be, to paraphrase a GNU/Linux celebrity, to allow lower level programmes to develop higher level functions. C is a lower level programming language when compared to, say python or perl (which I know nothing about, I hasten to add). But C serves a function in a hierarchy of programming languages that together converge into an operating environment. The question is are you after a system that only runs using C programmes or are you after an operational system? If the former, then there is a lot of work to be done. If the latter, then there are a number of alternatives available, one of which is GNU/Linux, or perhaps a *BSD, as already has been mentioned.

I have to take my hat off to you - I wouldn't even know where or how to begin to follow such a purist path, and I hope that you start a blog charting progress. This is exactly what FOSS is all about, surely ... being able to change existing programmes and challenging established algorithms. As a dedicated FOSS user and voluntary advocate I ask that you be sure to respect existing GPLs as appropriate, please. Those standards have preserved human intellectual development as property of the commons, and this needs to be preserved. If you have something to add, please ensure that it is owned by the majority of humanity and not locked under some proprietary licensing agreement.
Godspeed in your mission.

Best

AG