On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:27:42PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 01:41:54PM +0100, Martin Kraus wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 09:58:43PM -0600, Mark Allums wrote:
> > > Earlier, I wrote what I think was a confusing reply to this.
> > In Debian
> > Squeeze, there are two packages for qemu, one named qemu, the other
> > qemu-kvm.
> > Both are based on version 0.11.1 of qemu and both supposedly support kvm.
>
> Wll at one point, yes but
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kvm.html
> [2009-12-31] kvm REMOVED from testing (Britney)
>
> > My question is, why there are two apparently identical qemu packages. Which
> > one should I use with kvm.
>
> Your answer is ..... qemu-kvm
> This is stable release of kvm.
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qemu-kvm.html
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/qemu-kvm
> See /usr/share/doc/qemu-kvm/README.Debian for more information.

>From what I've read the plan is to merge back into qemu instead of having a
separate fork. I've found for example grub-firmware-qemu package, which works
with qemu but I haven't been able to get it to start with qemu-kvm.

If both I functionaly equivalent, I'd prefer to use qemu as the primary
development of virtio etc will go probably in there, since it's not kvm
specific.

mk