Good day, again.

Can I use for connection through ppp something like this:

pon isp /dev/ttyACM0

where
isp is my /etc/ppp/peers/isp file,
/dev/ttyACM0 - the modem device.

In other words, may I set the modem device name as the command parameter
instead of specifying the device in /etc/ppp/peers/isp file - for the multiple
ISPs/devices -  its multiplication of the /etc/ppp/peers/isp*-dev* files.

Another question is regarding connection enrolling for farther traffic volumes
consideration: if I set in pppd options file a log file that can be viewed by
usual user - how I can track all the technical connections that belong to
single human manual connection? - That is when a user has a connection
established - the pppd can make reconnections - all they will belong to the
same user's PID. But the PID is not written into that /var/log/pppd.log - as it
is in /var/log/messages. No any marks on when the user required to establish
the connection - nor to finish it. So, how I can distinguish all the records in
/var/log/pppd.log that belong to single user's connection? Please, any ideas.

Thanks for Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list.