On 5/18/2010 10:34 AM, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:07:10AM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:

>> Thank you.  This is contrary to what the main Debian site says in
>> multiple places, but it is plausible.  Good to know.
>
> Could you be more specific where you saw them or where you got this
> impression?  So we can make corrective action to reduce confusion.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

 This area contains the most recent packages in Debian. Once a package
has met our criterion for stability and quality of packaging, it will be
included in testing. unstable is also not supported by the security team.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch2.en.html#s2.3

2.3 How does Debian handle security?
.
.
.
Information regarding security is centralized in a single point,
http://security.debian.org/.

http://www.debian.org/security/faq#unstable

Q: How is security handled for unstable?

A: The short answer is: it's not. Unstable is a rapidly moving target
and the security team does not have the resources needed to properly
support it. If you want to have a secure (and stable) server you are
strongly encouraged to stay with stable.