Hi,

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 03:03:42AM +0200, Jesús M. Navarro wrote:
> Hi, Osamu:
>
> On Wednesday 19 May 2010 03:45:36 Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There are 2 different topics.
> >
> >  * Which is better shape "testing" or "unstable" for security issues?
> >    (original question)
>
> The answer is "it depends".

We all know this .... and I am OK with what you are talking except one
point.

> As already stated, there are no security updates on Sid 'per se', but they
> depend on upstream maintainers provinding a new version that hopefully will
> resolve the problem *and* its ability to go into Sid.
> Meanwhile, the Security team, aware of the
> security problem, produces foo 1.2.3-patch1 backporting the security fix and
> it goes directly into Testing, since Sid it's waiting for the new 2 branch.
> In this case Testing is the one ahead of Sid.

Wrong assumption.  Security updates to testing is not so often as we
wish to be. (Already pointed out in the thread.)  Le me remind you.

 http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing-security-announce/2010/01/msg00000.html
  This say:
  >  Most of the security work done for the testing distribution during
  >  the last months has been through unstable and a few occasional DTSAs,
  >  because of to the team being understaffed.

The reality is we are under staffed to do many things as much as we
wish.  Your contribution is most appreciated.

Osamu