On 07/06/11 02:44 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I guess wireless won't cause troubles for AF signals, but anyway I will
> avoid wireless, because I won't do bodybuilding and I won't a battery
> dieing, while I'm doing an audio production. Cable usually never gets
> broken here. I only had to solder mouse-cables, when I got old,
> secondhand mice.

I wasn't a fan of wireless mice either since I picked up a M510 last
year. I'm still using the original batteries that it came with for a
little more than an year. I use it every day and have not bothered to
use the On/Off switch at the bottom to increase the battery life.

As far as radio interference is concerened: I have a 2.4 GHz telephone,
802.11g network(several because of neighbours), wireless Microsoft mouse
(yes, it sucks!) and a huge digital TV antenna. None of them cause any
noticeable interference.

Their weight is one reason I like them as the modern wired USB laser
mouse are quite flimsy (if you are going for the $20 ones and not for
gaming mice). The M510 and M515 give a good feeling of being a mouse (as
heavy as a 15yr old Microsoft mouse with three buttons).

Don't bother about soldering, ask on the list and I'm sure you will get
a bunch of offer to send you wired mice with "dirty" balls ;)

Toodloo
KS