On Jul 22, 2011, at 5:17 AM, Dejan Ribič wrote:

>> […]
>>
>>  >>  And in the case of NAT'ed IPv4, it's still possible to register for
>>  >>  a free-of-charge tunnel service at http://sixxs.net/ and use AICCU
>>  >>  (# apt-get install aiccu.)
>>
>>  >  This (SIXXS) is what I use at home.  It works a treat for me.  Easy
>>  >  to set up. Easy to use. Fully connected to the IPv6 internet.
>>
>>      One of the ISP's here has finally started to offer IPv6, namely:
>>      6to4 (AIUI, they run their own gateway for that) and 6rd.
>>
>>      Unfortunately, 6rd is only available for Linux 2.6.33 and later
>>      (as per Wikipedia), which isn't in Squeeze.
>>
>>      But anyway, is there a way to add a 6rd tunnel to interfaces(5)?
>>
>>      TIA.
>>
> Hi,
>
>   you can install 2.6.38 from squeeze-backports[1], works perfectly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dejan
>
> [1]http://backports-master.debian.org/Instructions/

Or, if you already have a home network with more than one computer (if  you're
interested in IPv6, I'll bet that description fits you) I'd recommend to invest
a small amount of money (<US$200) in a small computer (like an OpenRD or one of
the "plug" machines from Marvel, or an ALIX board from PC-Engines.  If you
don't care about energy usage, an even cheaper alternative is to reuse an
obsolete PC -- I'll bet you've got one of them in your garage waiting to be
recycled.)

Make that your IPv6 gateway -- run Debian testing on it.  Having a separate
single-purpose gateway router has the advantage that you can experiment with
things like firewalls and new drivers without endangering the rest of your
machines.

That's what I did.  I'm quite pleased with the result.

Rick