On Wednesday 26 Oct 2011, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 18:55:39 +0100, David Goodenough wrote:

> >> Hmmm, I don't know if this will be of any help :-?
> >>
> >> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/iw
> >> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/iw/replace-iwconfig
> >>
> >> It basically documents the most common operations done from "iw".
> >
> > Yes, I know I can do it manually, I was looking for the same kind of
> > alias that wireless-tools provided.
>
> If they're not docummented and because this is an ongoing work, I'd say
> there is none (or at least "none" that I am aware of) ;-(. Are you
> missing a specific command?
>
> Anyway, it seems that the usual set of tools¹ (the ones you mention) are
> still available.
>
> ¹http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation/Wireless-Extensions
>
> Greetings,
You are misunderstanding what I am asking for.  I want to be able to
write the iw equivalient of:-

iface wlan0 inet static
        wireless-essid Test
        wireless-channel 7

Given that iwconfig is now deprecated (at least for new wifi interfaces)
at a minimum it would be a good idea if wireless-XXX used iw.  I will
submit a bug to this effect.

David