On 17/01/12 16:10, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snipped>

> Sorry about that. I am using knode to post. It is adding the "Followup-To"
> header when composing a message. I have deleted it manually for now. Let me
> know if this worked.

Yes, that worked. Thank you.

>> "From" or "On"?
>> It's unclear what port of Matlab you are running. Windoof or Linux?
>
> matlab command is issued on the Linux machine. The windows are displayed via
> xming on the windows 7 machine.

>>> Not exactly. The problem occurs with matlab command window. I can
>>> copy paste text between vim sessions, vim and shell, shell and
>>> outlook.
>>

>> Is this a single Putty session you are talking about?
>>

> The effect is the same whether it is the same or different putty sessions.

<snipped>

> Well, I think this one is a corner case. There are 4 things involved here
> windows + xming + putty + matlab. One of them does not speak to the others
> properly.

and Java (?)...

What happens if you start matlab without the desktop?
eg.:-
$ matlab -nodesktop -nosplash

If that can't help you isolate the problem the only other things I can
thing of (short of posting to MathWorks) are:-

See if you can pipe matlab commands out:-
eg.:-
$ matlab < test > outtest.wri

Where test is a matlab command file and outtest.wri is the output
The .wri extension will open with WordPad on Windoof, (if you have it
installed), and will wrap *nix lines properly.

Another possible approach to problem isolation is to try using Octave or
FreeMat under the same conditions (they're "mostly" compatible). You'll
find them in the Debian repositories.

Cheers