On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:31:50 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> Camaleon,
>
> From: Camaleon <noela...@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:34:04 +0000 (UTC)
>> Which MUA?
>
> Refer to my message sent earlier today.  Our messages crossed.

I've reviewed the messages you have posted in this thread but haven't
found a reference on what was your e-mail client :-?

>> In your case, you can just reduce the full chain to: POP3 server
>> (remote site / isp server) ††' fetchmail ††' your $HOME mailbox
 ††' MUA
>> (clients)
>
> Simpler still.
> (POP3 server run by Shaw ISP) - (My Linux router) - (MUA on Oberon
> workstation). Addtional details in
> "http://carnot.yi.org/NetworksPage.html";.

Oh, well, sure. That's the most basic setup.

But that way you miss one of the most useful tools for handling today's
mailboxes -running your own spamassassin- unless your ISP has a good and
fully customizable anti-spam filter.

P.S. IIRC, fetchmail works by default with mbox files but I'd say it can
virtually work with any kind of mailbox storage formats given that it
delivers the messages to the MTA.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón