On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:18:35 -0700
Dave Thayer <debian1302219.dmtha...@recursor.net> wrote:

> You might want to have a look at the Dabo framework
> <http://dabodev.com/>. Written in python by some ex-foxpro devs with
> data-oriented RAD in mind.

Thanks, this does look interesting, and shows how many holes there might
be in Google, I've never heard of this. It isn't exactly new, but has
never turned up in a search, nor in places like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_graphical_user_interface_builders_and_rapid_application_development_tools

which as far as I can see, is a pretty comprehensive list. I've played
with Lazarus, Kexi, CakePHP, RubyOnRails, OOo/LO Base and a couple of
others and I used to use Delphi 3 about fifteen years ago and had high
hopes for Kylix.

I'm not a database professional, or even a computer professional, I
just started doing a few jobs in Access in 1996 and discovered how much
more you can do with a proper database than with the spreadsheets that
most people use instead. I have dozens of little databases of various
vintages, and a couple of real beasts for time tracking and accounts
that I'd like to get out of Access, but without spending six months
doing it.

--
Joe