On Sunday 19 May 2013 16:01:51 Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > > But I guess, there is an easier way, to update my ONLY my installed
> > > packages out of wheezy. In the wiki I read, you can use apt-get -t
> > > wheezy-backports install $package, which worked well.
> >
> > Not sure what you mean here, could you please rephrase/elaborate?
>
> No, not quite. I imagined something like "apt-get -t update
> wheezy-backports" and then "apt-get upgrade libreoffice-* | grep installed"
> or some similar command. Just to make sure, to update ONLY the
> libreoffice-packages (and libs) out of wheezy-backports. I suppose, you
> know, what I mean....

No, you do not need to do any such thing.  Leave the settings as they are by
default.  Don't change any preferences or pinning from what was set
automatically.  Your backported packages, _and_ _only_  your backported
packages will be updated from wheezy-backports.

If you can just accept the system and not fuss about it, it will work fine.
Sid and Jessie are in a certain amount of chaos at the moment because Wheezy
has only just been released as Stable.  They will settle down, and everything
will be fine, as will your installation, provided that you do not try to
fiddle with it.

Lisi