On 5/25/13 5:54 PM, Slavko wrote:
> You can try some Window Managers (without DE) too, as OpenBox,
> FluxBox or FVWM crystal, but for these you will need some
> learning. These are reported as nicely worked in the 128 MB RAM
> environments.

If you have very low RAM, these window managers (Openbox, Fluxbox,
FVWM) will be the best fit for you.  The configuration is not point
and click, but once you understand the config files, they are easy to
use and easy to teach to others.

There are real limitations when there is only a small amount of RAM.
But if you keep your activities simple, the machines will work well.
e.g. one document or web page open at a time

> About Ubuntu usage, please use the Ubuntu community or the
> Canonical support. In todays i am not sure about where is Ubuntu
> going and if it will be community or commercial distro in next
> days.

I also have reservations about Ubuntu these days.  Many of the
decisions are, to put it politely, puzzling.  Debian is always a good
choice but Mint is a little more pre-packaged if you like that and
comes highly recommended.

How is your network connectivity?

Regards,
/Lars