This seems to be an unintended initiated thread by me :D.

In the past I was against sudo, but nowadays I set up a root account
(su) and sudo for my Linux and if I use Ubuntu I usually keep it as is,
IOW just sudo, no root account. Security doesn't suffer from sudo, OTOH
"ich bin schmerzfrei" as we say in German, somebody on this list called
it a sledgehammer:

#!/bin/sh

xhost +
gksudo -u chuser "$*"
xhost -
exit

C'mon, not all machines are multi-user top security environments.

If you talk about pros and cons sudo, first clarify for what task.
Better add sudo, even without asking for a password, than have people
running X sessions as root.

Without PAM we likely would run X audio sessions as superuser ;).
http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config

People still can become root by su and than do disgusting things ;) and
unintended allow foreigners to do disgusting things too, assumed the
superuser leaves something over intruders could damage.

Regards,
Ralf