On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> For GNOME and XFCE the software chain likely is "application <-> gvfs
> <-> udev". HAL's tasks are part of udev nowadays. HAL usually isn't used
> anymore, just a few apps still require HAL.

I'm not sure how that is supposed to help me. Anyway, the problem
seems to have something to do with partitions.

It seems the card (many cards that I have here) are formatted without
partitions. So instead of a /dev/sdb1, I get a /dev/sdb. It also seems
that udisks refuses to mount devices (/dev/sdb) but mounts partitions.
Older Debian software happily mount /dev/sdb, so that it works on
older systems.

Not sure what is the best approach here. I've seen some posts
suggesting running gparted to create a partition on the SD card, and I
it should behave as intended. I have not tested this yet, but messing
with SD cards, especially those with android software on it, doesn't
seems like the best answer.

I'll first look on how to make the whole device mountable. Any help on that?

--
Bruno Schneider
http://www.dcc.ufla.br/~bruno/