On Monday 21 July 2014 05:42:09 debian-user-digest-requ...@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> > You can install systemd to try it out before committing to it as your
> > default init system. Just install 'systemd' but not 'systemd-sysv' and
> > pass init=/bin/systemd to Linux via your boot manager.
> >

> > This and more excellent documentation at
> > https://wiki.debian.org/systemd#Configuring_for_testing
>
> This is excellent information. Thank you!

Great. There is that other package which will enable one to keep the old
system.

However, this is on a new 64-bit install already running (just fine?) on
systemd. Because of all the questioning posts here, my question was whether
anyone had problems with the latest-and-greatest.

Most Sid upgrades, even if they be problematic, will not smoke the system. The
libc6 stuff and systemd can indeed.