Le 15.10.2014 12:09, Brian a écrit :
On Wed 15 Oct 2014 at 10:41:12 +0200, berenger.mo...@neutralite.org wrote:

Le 15.10.2014 09:11, Jonathan Dowland a écrit :
>On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:51:07AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>>Check out what single company has 30% of the gatekeepers. Surprise,
>>surprise.
>
>Damned for their success. We want Linux to be successful, but woe
>betide any
>company that actually gets us there...

Maybe you want.
But I think that most users just want it to work fine and
efficiently, which does not necessarily imply being sold massively
around the world.

He's doing some of the work on Debian; others work with different
distributions. They get what they want. Users get what they want.
Everyone's a winner. :)

Maybe. But, when someone tries to sell stuff a lot, to have a big market share, then that guy must take a large target, which leads to systems which might become less stable or less efficient. And if that guy want to keep his market, then he'll have to avoid people escaping his stuff, this is why vendor locks exists. Definitely, I hope that Debian won't take that road. It it does, then, I'll switch. I'm taking a look at netBSD, even if I guess that I'll have a hard time being successful in feeling as comfortable with it than with Debian.