Steve Litt wrote:
On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:28:50 -0400
Steve Litt <sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

POINT OF CLARIFICATION:

Nothing written below is nosh specific. It could be used with nosh, or
upstart, or sysvinit, or any other PID1 that's *only* a PID1. So how
about it, who wants to join me in neutering systemd on Debian and
probably every other distro?

It strikes me that there's actually very little that needs to be done. In the short term, the world, including Debian, will continue to support sysvinit scripts - if only because the BSDs aren't going anywhere, I expect autotools will continue to build things with init scripts, logging to syslog, etc.

As far as I can tell, the major place that some work may be needed is in the Debian Installer - to make it easier to install a sysvinit based system.

Miles Fidelman