On Sat, 01 Nov 2014 20:10:01 +0100
Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <j.deboynepollard-newsgro...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I see from other messages in this thread that I'm not the only person to
> think it equally ludicrous to have a workflow that involves rebooting
> the entire machine just to mount and unmount a removable block device.
> Indeed, even editing /etc/fstab doesn't need to be part of such a
> workflow.  Just mark the entry as non-automatic (also correcting your
> spelling mistake that is the root of your problem here, of course)

That was only to mount not unmount. For one thing I don't use this removable
block
device AKA the SD card enough to have it interfere with my precious workflow.
As far as the 'incorrect' spelling of the device, that was only misspelled after
systemd came into the picture. That line was read in /etc/fstab with no problems
(for years) before it became misspelled.

I've already corrected the offending spelling of the device and used the NON
systemd methodology as recommended by The Wanderer and Martin Read,
preempting your delicate sensibilities. So all is well.

--
CK