Okay Brian - here's the update of further testing:
I need one BrowsePoll line enabled so the cups-browsed clients know what
hostname or IP they should poll,which leaves me with the following *not
default* but very simplistic cups-browsed.conf
grep -v ^# /etc/cups/cups-browsed.conf
BrowseRemoteProtocols dnssd cupsBrowsePoll 192.168.1.1:631 #could use Server1
as hostname with the same effect
LANG=C lpstat -t
                                    scheduler is running

                             no system default destination

                      device for HP-LaserJet-1020:
ipp://192.168.1.1:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_1020
                                           HP-LaserJet-1020 accepting requests
since Tue 28 Jul 2015 10:04:34 AM CEST
                                     printer HP-LaserJet-1020 is idle.  enabled
since Tue 28 Jul 2015 10:04:34 AM CEST
Let me be clear, that without a BrowsePoll line I end up with no search result
in lpstat .
I successfully removed the cups-browsed package from the server which leaves
cups alone to share printers on the server side.
I can remove the cups package on the client, but doing so I end up with
cups-browsed being unusable. Reinstalling cups right away and it will work
again. Conclusion: seems to me cups should be a dependency for cups-browsed, in
Debian/Jessie. Either it is not or I messed up my apt environment.
>> Clients see print *queues*, not printers. Print queues are advertised by
> the server. The on/off status of the printer is immaterial. If you do not
> want the clients to see the queues do
>
> systemctl stop avahi-daemon.service>
I get that, but it still is cause for confusion to some people, because there
is no way to distinguish a queue of a running printer to a queue of a *not*
running printer. You can successfully hit print and there is no feedback
whatsoever in the application, that next you should get up and switch on your
printer.
Which brings me back to my previous question: Seems to me "server cups" knows
that printer is not running yet, how can I make "server cups" tell this to
"client cups" , so the users gets the feedback in the printing app? My idea
would be some sort of notification like "please switch on printer
"HP_LaserJet_1020" .