On Sunday 09 August 2015 14:14:12 Cobra wrote:
> It’s no secret. In the original post I said I did a default install except
> for the inclusion of GNOME. That implies the DM is gdm and the GUI is Gnome
> 3.

I've just managed to find your "thread" opener, and you did in fact mention
GNOME.  You are quoting yourself inaccurately.  But I was unable to find it
before.  You appear to break the thread every time you reply, which makes the
thread very difficult to follow, and earlier emails very difficult to find.

You also don't quote, so you really are very difficult to follow.

Anyhow, you may have some important package missing.  You could run tasksel
again and install some of the more basic stuff that you left out.   Or you
could reconfigure gdm since that could be where the problem lies, since
GNOME3 runs without it.

# dpkg-reconfigure gdm

Lisi