>I just returned home after a short vacation to my running, completely
>up-to-date jessie system, and discovered that Pulse had stopped running, and I
>dont know how to get it going again.
>

>Various of the startup commands give an error :"E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed
>to initialize daemon." I've searched this up and down, and tried to remove the
>.config/pulse directory (there's no ~/.pulse), which had no effect.

After a bunch more playing around, I discovered that the culprit was two lines
in my default.pa calling update-sink-proplist to rename one of my sources. I
don't know why this stopped working, but for now, commenting it out solved the
problem. Will figure out the renaming problem some other time, but meanwhile, I
have sound again.

Jen