Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Hans Kraus <h...@hanswkraus.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgraded my Debian server about a week ago from Wheezy to Jessie.
>
> What exactly did you do to "upgrade?"  Did you read the Jessie Release
> Notes regarding distribution upgrading?

  and as a side note, if it is indeed hardware issue
you can run MATE on it as i have an e-machine and
it is working fine for me with MATE.  i also replaced
gdm3 with lightdm.  Gnome has rarely worked well other
than the now obsolete fallback mode or whatever they
called it.

  i've been running testing/sid though too which
is up to version 1.16 of MATE.  i think 1.14 or
1.12 is more stable.  looks like from recent
discussion they are trying to get 1.18 into the
next stable release, but i'm not sure they'll be
able to make it under the freeze deadlines.

  songbird