On 2017-05-23, Robert Hardy (r.hardy) <r.ha...@yorksj.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. However, this isn't an issue with the URL
> in sources.list. I've tried the following:
>
> * installing using httpredir.debian.org (deb.debian.org isn't in the
> list of mirrors in the installer) - same error results.  * modifying
> the URL to deb.debian.org in sources.list and running apt-get update,
> same error results (see below).  * attempting to download the file
> Translation-en.bz2 from the repository
> (http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-updates/main/i18n/)
> - download times out.
>
> It looks like there is an issue with the mirror, which I'll report as
> a bug. However, I would appreciate advice on whether we should trust
> the installed system, given the missing file, or if it is likely that
> we will encounter ongoing issues arising from this.
>
> Yours, Rob

[...]

I'm afraid I can't help you with the issue you're facing, and I can't
reproduce it on a jessie box. My contribution was simply to point out
that httpredir.debian.org is deprecated.

Interestingly, I can download the file Translation-en.bz2 from
cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org without a hitch. The problem appears to be at
your end, not with the mirror.

By the way, please don't top-post. It irritates people here.

--

Liam