On 8/6/17, Zenaan Harkness <zen...@freedbms.net> wrote:
> Seems there's a fair bit of responding to what is evidently spam, so
> perhaps it's been a while since an old-hand explained these ropes:
>
> < snipped to get straight to the targeted point >
>
>   - Actually responding to such spam emails, e.g. "stop", "what do
>        you mean?" etc etc, actually identifies both your personal email
>        address as someone likely to respond to such emails, AND that
>        their spamming of this particular email list is to some extent
>        successful, thus further motivating the spammers to spam more.

It has been my observation over time that the responses may very well
be real, but they come across more as part of the overall program to
disrupt. Additionally, their mere presence adds a gloomy air of
*expressed* discontentment to the list's *permanent* archives....

A further, highly unscientific observation is that these episodes seem
more prominent immediately following major releases...

Just thinking out loud... not totally unlike I've done over on another
list a couple years ago during a very similar outbreak there and then.
:)

Happy Debian'ing!

Cindy :)
--