On 02/26/2018 09:23 AM, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 26 Feb 2018 at 08:15:44 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
I am finding lots of information on detailed low level configuration:
e.g. <http://zensites.net/fvwm/guide/index.html>

I'm using almost a default install changing only the wallpaper and
the default font size for menus.

I'm getting swamped by too much fine detail. It's not only a case of
"not seeing the forest for the trees" but also "not seeing the trees
for the leaves"

Suggestions?

Two of the references there were straightforward to use when I posted
this, but now you'll have to temporarily accept an expired certificate.

Already had them bookmarked.
They, like <http://zensites.net/fvwm/guide/index.html>, might be compared to an _Owner's Manual". I'm looking for something more like an _Operator's Manual_.

The target audience of what I'm looking for would have no need to edit .fvwm2rc .

I've already made some modifications to .fvwm2rc and have in mind some more for which I'll be doing a detailed read of references I already have.