On 02/26/2018 12:12 PM, Curt wrote:
On 2018-02-26, Richard Owlett <rowl...@cloud85.net> wrote:

Ahh, but a Flocken Elektrowagen might today may be more functional in
some circumstances than a Rolls Royce.

http://www.circuitousroot.com/artifice/programming/useful/fvwm/index.html

((yes)^((YES)^((*YES*)^(1000))))

http://www.circuitousroot.com/artifice/programming/useful/fvwm/viewports/index.html *EXPLICITLY* states what I could only infer. It also suggests that if I replace whatever window manager MATE uses with fvwm I can have the good parts of MATE (its familiarity) and the environmental separation I've been chasing. I.E. "I can have my cake and eat it too!"

I only read the nice discussion of "Viewports & Workspaces"; it doesn't tell
you how to do anything (that's elsewhere), but does clarify the terminology.

Maybe somebody already gave you this link (excuse the redundancy if
that's so).

Actually I kind of want a viewport now for myself (I mean one greater
than the physical size of my screen--for the moment it is *exactly* the
size of my physical screen (because I don't really have one really I
guess).