On Tuesday 16 October 2018 12:48:21 to...@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 12:18:43PM -0400, Default User wrote:

I thought it was a reasonable question, and I didn't start that rumor.
Like most however, I am seeing our community shooting at each other and
I don't like it.

> > > Why waste time giving credence to nonsense? Those who are prepared
> > > to believe that systemd is some NSA trojan via a complicit Red Hat
> > > are perfectly able to widen their paranoia to include any systemd
> > > packager or advocate in Debian.
>
> [...]
>
> > Stockholm Syndrome detected!
>
> See? and this is why we can't have nice things. Look: I've got (in my
> view) good reasons to dislike systemd, enough of them to rather use
> sysv (which has its sizeable collection of warts itself!), but I don't
> need to resort to crazy conspiracy theories. Much less to hate anyone
> developing free software.

The point is that no one from the systemd camp has, to my knowledge,
posted a list of things it can do better than sysvinit. Point out
sysvinit's warts, and what systemd does to excise the ugly stuff.

But there has been zero salesmanship that has reached my environment.

Its been a take it or go buy windows attitude.

Why is this? If there is a url explaining this, please post, so the rest
of us can be educated.

I'm sure I am not the only one laying back to see the casualty
list before I commit to diving in head first.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)