On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 09:58:30AM -0400, Kenneth Parker wrote:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 9:42 AM Jonathan Dowland <j...@debian.org> wrote:
It's currently at risk by a lack of maintainers for the sysvinit
package.

Does this mean that Devuan is also at risk?

I can merely speculate. I know very little about Devuan, but the
impression I have got in the last day (entirely via mails from other
people to debian mailing lists, I have not investigated myself) is that
they are short on people-power. (so is Debian, of course!)

If sysvinit was removed from Debian, than this would increase the amount
of work for Devuan quite significantly, because lots of individual
Debian packages that currently implement sysvinit support would slowly
start not to, and Devuan would have to patch support back in, over time.

This would be more work, IMHO, than if interested parties collaborated
to support the sysvinit package and keep it in Debian.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland