Sep 27, 2019, 20:08 by bouncingc...@gmail.com:

> Hi, I assume you are attempting to follow a procedure similar
> to this one:
> https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/BadBlockHowto#Repairsinafilesystem
> <https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/BadBlockHowto#Repairsinafilesystem>

Yes, a different document but the same idea. The one you linked is actually a
better document.

> It's telling you that the filesystem itself is broken/unreadable.
> I assume you know what inodes are, if not then you should
> read about that.
>
> In such a case, I think that it is not possible to repair this filesystem.

What I find weird about this that the filesystem (it's a root filesystem)
appears to be fully functional, it boots without issues and generally
everything seems to work fine, the only indication of a problemĀ  I see in the
SMART log. Would be nice if there a was a way to just repair it, without
reinstalling everything.

Thanks