Joe wrote:

> And it's not so much fundamental languages as the buzzwords, the
> frameworks, 'agile' programming, AJAX, and things like proprietary CMS
> (C for both content and customer) systems. Nobody ever asks for basic
> programming skills.

You are sooo right, but one must understand the language first, to be able
to use the framework. I bet it is getting extremely difficult for newcomers
to understand all that stuff and a good guidance is extremely valuable.

IMO the future is in automated frameworks that turn a/the concept into code.
For example I used swagger (https://swagger.io/) or symfony
(https://symfony.com/) - of course you have to know the language (java or
php) - but it is all about the time you need to turn the idea into code.

regards