On 4/12/19 1:19 am, Dan Clery wrote:

In a general sense, the more we encrypt communication,  the better we hide our source IP address, the safer we are, because if you only encrypt dangerous communications, it's a clear flag of what messages are dangerous. If they're drops in a sea of noise, it's harder to identify the important stuff.

There's another side of the coin though. You want to be careful doing mundane stuff over the same channel you would do dangerous things.

Dan

Am I correct to interpret you as the best protection sometimes backfires?

I was advised by a Government agency that I should get separate email. Hence my question earlier about safe email providers. My marginal Asperger's told me that, that meant safer email, including encryption. Perhaps a more secure email provider is my best course?

More food for thought.

I'll be back later, with personal thanks for other responses. My typing speed is slower than I like to believe.

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1th3...@gmail.com
+61 (0)447 667 468