On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 06:45:43 +0000
Brad Rogers <b...@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 10:17:09 +0800
> kaye n <guik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello kaye,
>
> >I was just wondering if it takes about 35 seconds for your Debian
> >system to
>
> At least.  As you say, subsequent starts are much faster.
>
> I note that Patrick says his starts in 3 or 4 secs.  I was going to
> suggest that he's using the LO quick starter, but that seems to be long
> gone - the option to use it is not there in 6.4.

I use version 6.1.  When I load via the "libreoffice" menu item, I get
a window that lists all the libreoffice apps' files.  I started
Writer from it.  I also cold rebooted the system and started Writer
directly from the menu.  Took about 5 or 6 seconds to load.

> No idea why Patrick's getting a much quicker start.

Firstly, I have a very lean system.  No desktop and all the background
processes they run.  Just a window manager and a single LXPanel with
menus.  No power management as this isn't a notebook running off a
battery.  So, everything runs at full speed. Etc.