On Mi, 12 feb 20, 01:34:28, Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:

> That makes me wonder: What is the right way to do that in Debian? In
> stable releases there is no way to use another kernel except from
> backports (and they are newer, not older). And in testing / unstable
> the kernels disapears as new kernels get into. How to install and keep
> an old kernel in a new instalation?

Depends on how old. The oldstable kernel has support from Debian for one
year after the release of stable and longer through the LTS project.

Another option would be a kernel version with long term support from
some other project (upstream, other distro, etc.).

Kind regards,
Andrei -- writing this on buster with a 3.18-12-ARCH kernel, the only
one I found that supports my Acer Chromebook R13