On 5/28/20 10:34 AM, Victor Sudakov wrote:

Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 08:50:44PM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
What is searched for in Debian is the ability to remove the bloatware
which was not present at the time of installation.
But... but... it's precisely DURING the installation that most of the
crappy "bloatware" GETS ONTO THE SYSTEM!
What?!

How meny people do you think install GNOME or KDE or XFCE separately
after the install, as opposed to ACCEPTING A DEFAULT during the install?
The way you put it, those GNOME or KDE or XFCE would be part of the
"pristine system" and I'm fine with it.

But *many* people do install productivity tools, office tools, games,
developer environments separately after the install, and then regret it
and wish to get rid of them cleanly.

And then there are those of us who run servers, don't want any of the desktop applications - but then we know enough not to install it in the first place.  We tend to be more worried about all the interdependcies installed/required by systemd - but that's another battle entirely.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown